Bill Thompson joined Archer in 1979 and became a shareholder in 1986. He focuses his practice in all aspects of family law including divorce, adoption, parental rights, custody, support, and domestic violence. Bill also has extensive experience in family mediation. Although the majority of Bill’s practice is concentrated in family law, he also has a broad range of litigation experience including commercial litigation, landlord/tenant litigation, and estate litigation.
Bill has served as an editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer, Co-Chair of the Camden County Family Law Committee, and was elected to serve as Chairman of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section. He is the Past President of the Thomas Forkin Family Law Inns of Court. Bill is also a frequent lecturer for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the Camden County Bar Association.
In addition to his law practice, Bill is the former Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the NJ Chapter, Arthritis Foundation and is a past member of the Board of the Deerbrook Swim Club in New Jersey.
Bill earned his B.A. in political science and peace studies from Juniata College in 1976. At Juniata College, Bill was a member of the varsity track team and received the John Blood Outstanding Student Athlete award in his senior year. Bill earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 1979.
- Extensive trial experience in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties
- Statewide family law practice
- Trained family law mediation and mediation review attorney
Professional And Community Involvement
- Former Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section.
- Former Chair, Camden County Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Member Birchwood Civil Association
- Member Medford Lakes Country Club
- Former member of NJ State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee
- Former President and current member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court
- Vice Chair of the Arthritis Foundation, NJ Chapter
- Member of various N.J. and Northeast Regional committees
- Co-Chair of Family Law Department of Archer, P.C.
Awards And Recognition
- Arthritis Foundation 2004 Volunteer of the Year
- South Jersey Awesome Attorney; 2007 to present (South Jersey Magazine)
- Best Lawyers in America; 2008 to present
- 2010 Professional Lawyer of the Year, Camden County Bar Association
- NJ Commission on Professionalism
- N.J. Super Lawyer; 2005 to present
- Recipient, The Honorable Joseph M. Nardi, Jr. Award for lifetime achievement
- Frequent lecturer, NJ State Bar Association, Camden County Bar Association, NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Co-Author, Planning and Coordinating Discovery Family Law Handbook, Wiley 2010.