Jennie Owens is an associate in the Family and Matrimonial Services Department. Jennie has experience in all aspects of family law, including divorce, custody, support, domestic violence, and adoption. Previously, Jennie served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles M. Rand, P.J.F.P. during the 2006-2007 court term.
Jennie is a Master member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law American Inn of Court and serves as its Treasurer. She is chair of the American Inns of Court Program Library Task Force. She is a member of the Burlington, Camden and New Jersey State Bar Associations. Jennie has previously served a three-year term as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District IV Fee Arbitration Committee, and will begin a second term in September, 2019. She is the Vice-President of the Camden County Library Commission
Jennie has also served as an Adjunct Professor at Rutgers School of Law in Camden, teaching Family Law Motion Practice and at the Honors College of Rutgers-Camden. She previously served on the executive commission of the Rutgers University Senate.
In law school, Jennie received the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Award, and served on the National Moot Court Team in the area of Child Welfare and Adoption law.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Treasurer of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law American Inn of Court
- Past President, Honors College Alumni Association of Rutgers-Camden
- Commissioner, Camden County Library System
- Chair, American Inns of Court National Programming Committee
Awards And Recognition
- Named “Top Lawyer” by South Jersey Magazine, 2018
- Recipient of the Frank Fulbrook Community Service Award from the Rutgers University-Camden, Alumni Association, 2019